Case of success
Objective of the project
Supervision and control system in pharmaceutical plant. The system controls the processes and elements associated with the generation, distribution and consumption points of the purified water loop.
The processes that are controlled are:
- Automatic generation process.
- Automatic distribution process.
- State of the points of consumption.
- Viewing the status of the devices.
- Manual device handling.
- Modification of operating parameters.
- Generation of sterilization and sanitation reports.
The control system is based on technology from Siemens and Omron:
- The system is part of a global system developed using PCS7 with client-server architecture.
- The controllers are an S7-400 CPU416-2 DP developed using PCS7 v6.0 and an S7-300 CPU315-2 DP developed using Step7 v5.4.
- SCADA is developed using WinCC.
- SCADA communications with S7-400: they are carried out over an Ethernet network.
- S7-400 communications with S7-300: they are carried out via the Profibus network.
- S7-400 communications with Omron PLCs: they are carried out through serial communication via OPC.
Systems developed with PCS7 require a highly trained staff that Hexa has and its clients benefit from this expertise.